Academic Philosophy at The Patrick School
The academic program at The Patrick School is based on a traditional liberal arts curriculum. The first three years of the academic program are largely standard for all students. In senior year, the student is given considerably more freedom of choice. The foundation of the quality academic program stems from the following: all courses are taught in a small setting (less than 20 students) by a high-quality instructor.
The Patrick School offers a challenging, rigorous academic program for students at all levels of proficiency. While our Honors Program prepares students for some of the top universities in the country (The Patrick School alumni have attended Columbia University, Harvard, NYU, Duke, North Carolina, Canisius College, Rutgers-New Brunswick Honors College, Temple, and many other elite institutions), we also offer a wide range of resources for students with special learning needs including an Inclusion Program and other supplemental resources. The academic philosophy at The Patrick School demands that ALL students work as hard as they can on a level that both challenges them and allows them to make steady, consistent progress toward college readiness.
The academic experience at The Patrick School is not universal for all students, nor should it be. Students face a curriculum built for their specific ability level and designed to allow them to get the most out of their time in the classroom.
Parents are also assisted in tracking their child’s progress through our Edline Program. Each parent (and student) receives an access code that allows them to monitor report cards, homework assignments, transcripts, and billing information in real time. The user-friendly site can be found at www.edline.net.
- DID YOU KNOW THAT:
- 100% of the Class of 2015 was accepted into college
- The Class of 2015 received over $2 million in scholarships
- The Class of 2015 averaged $33,000 per student in scholarship money earned
- The average class size at The Patrick School is 16 students
- All courses at The Patrick School use Smart-Board Technology for instruction
- Student athletes from The Patrick School are frequently named to the annual Academic All-American team in basketball
- The Patrick School has a rigorous honors program that offers college-credit courses